Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can I change the headings/sections?
- Yes! EVERY single item in this template can be changed and you can make any heading say whatever you need it to. You can also add, move and delete sections. Because of this, you can use ANY template for ANY profession.
2. Can I change the colors?
- Yes! Colors can be changed on any item - headings, titles, sections, lines, graphic elements, icons, etc.
3. When do I get my template?
- Resume templates are Instant Downloads and you will be able to work on your resume immediately. As soon as you purchase a template, you will get an email with a link to download your template.
4. How does this work?
- Download your file from the email you will receive as soon as your payment is processed.
- DOUBLE-CLICK the ResumeTemplate.zip file in order to "unzip" it. Save to your desktop or somewhere you will remember.
- Read the Instructions file first - it has ALL the answers.
- Install the fonts (directions are in Instructions file).
- Open the template files in Word or Pages (Word/Pages must be re-started for fonts to load).
- Type your resume text over my "dummy" text.
- Save it, and then save again in PDF format to upload to job postings.
5. What do I need to edit the template?
- Microsoft Word or Mac Pages
- A personal computer (most work computers/tablets/phones don't let you install fonts).
6. Will the fonts look the same on my computer?
- Yes! All resume templates come with links to download the free fonts used in each template.
7. How do I make sure my resume looks the same on every computer when uploading/emailing it?
- Resumes should be uploaded/emailed in PDF format to ensure the end user sees exactly what you see.
8. I need to add a page to my resume.
- No problem! Just email it to me at email@example.com and I can quickly do this for you.
9. I've made a mess of my resume playing around with it too much. How do I fix all the formatting?
- There is a tutorial in the Instructions file on how to move the text boxes around in order to put everything back in place.
- I also offer a FREE resume cleanup service with purchase - just email your resume to me at firstname.lastname@example.org, and I will clean up all the formatting for you! Everything you send me is completely confidential.
Any other questions? Email me! I am here to help you, I can't stress that enough.