I love resumes.
I love designing them and finding tricks that help you land a job.
But the actual writing.. nope! It takes waaay too much time away from helping all of my amazing resume template customers, and there's only so much time in the day.
But don't fret!
You're in GREAT hands with any of the awesome writers below:
Jena Viviano is the bomb.com if you need a career coach (because a good resume alone won't get you hired without a great networking strategy..), and check out her podcast "Your Career Story" - it's fun, crazy informative and helps you get excited about your career.
I love Sara over at Get Your Best Resume
Blue Sky Resumes has a ton of samples if you just need an idea of what your resume SHOULD look like.
A few tips:
- LinkedIn is a great place to search for a quality resume writer.
- Google any companies you find (many are on Yelp) in search of positive reviews.
- Stay away from most of the big "resume writing" companies on page 1 of a Google search - they got there by having great SEO and cheap prices, not necessarily great services, and I can't even tell you how many customers have come to me with bad experiences!
- On that same note, don't go for a writer on Fiverr who doesn't live in your country and turns a resume around in 24 hours for $20.
You get what you pay for =)
- Don't expect to hand your old resume off to a writer and without you having to do any work. A good resume writer works WITH you, since ONLY YOU have all the information about what you've accomplished in the past - you can't just shoot off an old resume and expect the writer to create magic without your help.
If you have any questions along the way, email me anytime at email@example.com